Oh, Oprah. You beautiful, poetic, noble land-mermaid (thank you, Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation). Many mornings on my way to work, I listen to Oprah’s Super-Soul conversations, and it puts me in the best mood. Listening to her podcast is like getting a personal hug from Oprah every morning. It always surprises me how even when there is an episode that I do not think will be very relevant to my life, there is always something – a quote, a personal story – that strikes a chord within me. At the end of her conversations with her guests, Oprah asks some very deep, personal, thought-provoking questions, and while I always love listening to everyone’s different answers, I begin thinking and find myself wondering how I would answer them.
- What is your definition of God?
- What do you believe is the purpose of life?
- Have you always considered yourself a spiritual person? Or did you have an aha! moment when you recognized your connection to something bigger than yourself?
- What is the soul?
- What is the secret to a happy life?
- What is your personal prayer?
- What do you know for sure?
I found this printout with her questions here. I hope to someday get a chance to put these answers on paper. Life experiences have a way of changing your perspective, and it would be interesting to see how my answers change through the years.