Once again, the craziness of life has caught up to me. The anxiety that I have tried to suppress rears its ugly head, and I feel lost and struggling to keep my head above water.
Just to recap, here are the events that have occurred in the last four months:
- My dad announced he is getting remarried
- We hosted our friends over Memorial Day weekend
- Our family Chattanooga trip
- Our 7 year anniversary
- Work trip to D.C.
- 4th of July and Will’s 4th Birthday
- Trip to Houston for my brother’s co-ed bridal shower
- My recent health scare
- My college girls visit for a weekend
- Our hot water heater broke
- My cat got sick, requiring emergency veterinary care
- Nathan turns one
- My dad and my uncle visit for Nathan’s birthday weekend
- My husband refinishes the garage, requiring two full weekends to complete the project
- Our trip to New York over Labor Day weekend
- Will’s recent hospitalization
Never mind the endless process of juggling work, the kids’ minor illnesses, doctors’ appointments, and gearing up for two major upcoming weddings in a matter of weeks. My head is spinning just thinking about everything we have managed over the last few months.
While I know many of these activities have been a lot of fun, working in all of these fun activities around day-to-day stuff has been like being caught on a boat in the storm. I am trying to ride out the waves, but every now and then I begin to feel sick and find myself clinging to the siderails just to survive. I hope this will pass quickly.